Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bladeless Fan !

Status
Not open for further replies.

aljamri

When I entered electronics shop, I saw very fast fan, yes, fast that I could not notice any trace for its blades, I asked the sales man ( I know him ), how fast is this fan?! he told me with a smile, it is fast enough that even if you put your hand in it you will not feel anything.
Frankly, I was not sure but didn't tried it, even after he told me that it is called "Bladeless Fan".

Last edited:
A small, high velocity flow entrains a larger volume of air and the aerodynamic foil reduces turbulence creating smooth laminar flow.

I've been watching a uTube video of this thing, and like a guy commented there -what exactly wrong with a properly tuned normal fan? ;)

This is 3 times costlier than a conventional bladed fan as per I enquired here. Also there is blades coupled to the motor for sucking air?

Besides being different to be different, there are no exposed moving parts, the same method can lend itself to a variety of unusual form factors and the noise signature can be lower.

Same principle as for those vacuum cleaners that you put onto a tank of compressed air. It's nothing new, just reworked to be more, what to call it? - home friendly?

Sounds like a fart.

more honest yes, but against credo of marketing guys....

Perhaps "Aerodynamic Fan" will do both.

They are quiet. They are also stupidly expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back