Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Black light vs Black Light White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznog

Years ago I put together a PCB exposure system with black light white tubes. They're the same as black light tubes but without the additional purple filter to remove the visible light. It was an F20T12-BL, the purple is the F20T12-BLB and BLB stands for "Black Light Blue".

Those worked great, fast exposure. I could see everything that was going on clearly due to their white component. I think they were cheaper than purple black light tubes too. One of these tubes has died, it's flickering.

I went back to Home Depot and it appears they no longer carry this tube, only purple filtered black lights. They do carry "grow lights" of the same size. I don't suppose these are the same thing, are they?

When the f-tube old, most of case help if You remove the starter after power on. (or maybe only the starter died)

Ive been using a really cheap halogen desk lamp for exposure with the UV filter removed and it works great. Just another option :lol:

Try these folks. They may have, or be able to get, what you need.
**broken link removed**
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back