Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BLack box for free long-distance phone calls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

escin

1)Solder a 59 ohm resistor in parallel with a 656 microfarad capacitor (use the mauve kind, not the silver kind).

2)Attach a 2.5 volt battery and connect to your phone lines. This will let you make up to 716 months of free long-distance phone calls!

Having spent 40 years working in the communications industry, this sounds like complete nonsense to me.

Len

You want someone to belive in this and meake a lot of long-distance cals and then thave an enormes phone bill.

Nice trick! :twisted: :twisted:

it's nice how he knows exactly how many months of free phone calls you can get... I'm sure someone did a highly scientific study to find that you can get as many as 716 months :roll:

I thought the capacitor and resistor trick was to generate "negative" energy, slowing / stopping your electric meter?!

haha ;)

I find the best way to get free long distance phone calls is to short the mains through the handset. :wink:

Free Long distance Calls:

Tools Required: 1x Ladder, 1x idiot

1) Place ladder against wall
2) Climb onto roof
3) Shout really really really loud
4) Listen for reply!

The chepest way to talk to someone on the other side of the globe is whith an internet chat room. (Its suprising how many idiots sitl use an dial-up modem)

Naw, you need the silver capacity to generate negative energy. The mauve ones get you free long distance for 716 months.

Um, what the hell gets you a 2.5V battery?? And what is a mauve capacitor??

Someone Electro said:
(Its suprising how many idiots sitl use an dial-up modem)

Be careful what you say, Electro - I am using dial-up, not because I want to, but because broadband is simply not an available option for me. There may be many "idiots" using this board :twisted:

errm i still use dial up because I can't afford broadband - i just can't spend the extra money. And I take offecnce at being called an idiot...

bordlad is cheper.My friend got a bill of $130 becose of being a half a day on the internet.I pay $30 for an whole month of internet (bordlad) and its speed limit is 1 Mb/s.My ISP is SiOL (I feel sory for those that dont have bordlad in there area)

Japan have bodrled at $30 100 Mb/s! (To bad i dont live in japan)

Someone Electro said:
bordlad is cheper.
No. Not always. If it was, I would have it. In my area, broadband is twice the price of dial up. Also, in my area, most dial up packages have free phone calls, so it doesn't matter how long you spend on the net, it still costs the same, and it is still a lot less than broadband.

100Mb/s?????? Most LAN networks only just run at that speed... I'm not sure if I believe that...

i reckon two Ni-Cad cells would give you about two and a half volts.

John :)

Phasor said:
Someone Electro said:
(Its suprising how many idiots sitl use an dial-up modem)

Be careful what you say, Electro - I am using dial-up, not because I want to, but because broadband is simply not an available option for me. There may be many "idiots" using this board :twisted:

Yeah, no kidding. Just because we use Dial-up doesn't make us idiots. Why would it? Now, I have DSL, but I used to have dial-up because I had no other choice. Oh, but, I'm sorry. I guess the reason that we're idiots is because we live in an area that doesn't offer anything else. Yeah, that must be it guys. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back