Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Black Box for Fishing - Micro Voltage Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgrant54

Hi,

Anyone know how to build a DC output regulator that can be regulated from a range of Positive .3 volts to .8 volts?

It seems some fish are attracted to fishing lines (metal lines) that have a positive DC output of .6 volts.

Does anyone know how to build this device?

Hi kgrant,

here are schematic and PCB layout. The output voltage can be varied between 0.31 and 1.17V (standard value resistors)

You might use a potentiometer instead of a trimmable resistor.

Use a 9V block battery for supply.

Don't forget to send me a shark steak. :D

Boncuk

Attachments

• GF-SCH.gif
    GF-SCH.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 582
  • GF-BRD.gif
    GF-BRD.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
Anyone know how to build a DC output regulator that can be regulated from a range of Positive .3 volts to .8 volts?

The resistivity of salt water is ~2 ohm-cm, with fresh being 30 kΩ-cm.
Even with a wide tolerance on these values, if your line is 10' from your return conductor I think the current drain will be ~0, so I don't see the need for a regulator unless the fish are picking nits on that day.

Here's one P/L

9 V battery
8.2 k resistor
1 k pot
The pot wiper is the output.

Electric chairs deliver 4 to 8 amps at 2400 VAC, so you could add a switchable ~100 KW supply to the line in case you hook a shark. If you do this, post your video and include the word "jaws" and "revenge" in its title. . .
:D

Last edited:
A big thanks

Thanks for the help and the humour. I enjoyed the humour.

I have an idea that maybe I will be more successful for freshwater fishing. BTW I am a newbie here!

Perhaps that particular frequency and voltage is fishorgasmic ? What do we know :rolleyes:
There is no current circulation in the loop. The loop is an electrode, just circular; they do not show the other electrode.

The Schematic using the LM358 has a "typo" for the gain network, is Av of 2 needs to be Av of 1.

Al

First post, nice place you folks have here.

Thanks !

Hi Al Wa,

Thanks for this info. I have never done an electronics projects - but - I intend to find someone to help me do this project - you know help me with the board - acquiring parts - assembly Yeah, you can say I am a dreamer.

Ken

Ken,

One way to fix the "typo" in the LM358 circuit would be to not install R2. You can install a jumper in place of R1. This will set the gain to 1 and the voltages available will be 0.34 to 1.17 when the battery is at 9.0 volts.

Another way would be to leave the gain as is and modify the voltage divider by changing R3 to 180 ohms.

Post how it works, not the circuit, the fishing part.

Al

Hello again

Thanks again...

I love fishing but with a different aspect. Yes, I like to catch a fish or two, but, its the company I keep.

I will be looking for a electronics person to help put this project together for me.

thanks for the modification suggestion!

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back