Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Black Antistatic foam supplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

One of the engineers and myself came up with a design for a hand that would mimic your motions, and for the tips of the fingers we were going to have pressure sensors. These would be homemade ones using antistatic foam inbetween. It is the open cell foam, not the cell's filled with air. I was wondering if anybody knew where I could get about 5ft² of the stuff for the team. Thanks. (already looked at google and did not find what I was looking for)

One of the engineers and myself came up with a design for a hand that would mimic your motions, and for the tips of the fingers we were going to have pressure sensors. These would be homemade ones using antistatic foam inbetween. It is the open cell foam, not the cell's filled with air. I was wondering if anybody knew where I could get about 5ft² of the stuff for the team. Thanks. (already looked at google and did not find what I was looking for)

hi,
Have you seen this technology.? I know that its not the ESD foam, but its interesting.

Thinking of getting a set for experimentation.

**broken link removed**

Did a quick Google for ESD black foam

**broken link removed**

https://www.esdproduct.com/High_Density_ESD_Conductive_Foam.php

Last edited:
The problem is, it's resistance changes with age, some foams increase in resistance as it starts to crumble others decrease in resistance as they become more compressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back