Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BJT or MOSFET

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahmoud shendy

Dear all, we have in our lab an inductive load that has an internal esistance of about 25 Ohm, it is required to
varying the DC current through that coil from 0.5A to 5.5A to perform its operation, and so i think in PWM that switch
this inductive load ON and OFF from a 150 VDC supply and by varying the DUTY CYCLE of the PWM circuit, we can then adjust
the average DC current... Now is this right or not, and if this is right what is better to switch this load BJT or MOSFET
. by the way, the inductance of this load is neglectible..

I read about the TIPL755 and in its datasheet listed that it is for fast inductive load switching. is it better or using
power MOS such as BUZ45..

( i forgot in this schematic the free wheeling diode, but it is already placed )..

am waiting for your helpful replies, thanx in advance......... M.Shendy

Last edited:
go for a FET, easier to work with

What's your question?

Use a power MOSFET with a high enough voltage rating.

If you know the inductance you can calculate the rate of rise and fall of the current in the coil depending on the frequency and duty cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back