Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bjt learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

boby4u

I really dont know what happens inside a transistor when it goes to the saturation level. I want to see inside of transistor but did`nt find any animated picture.
is there anybody to teach me that please?
thanks

boby4u said:
I really dont know what happens inside a transistor when it goes to the saturation level. I want to see inside of transistor but did`nt find any animated picture.
thanks

This is a very DEEP subject.. I find it amazing how easy it is to use transistors having some idea about what complicated physics goes on inside of them.

Animated picture? You really should study semiconductor physics if you want a thorough background. Pickup an introductory text on the subject or start with wikipedia & google - those will get you started.

boby4u said:
thanks
There is an animation on this page that shows the basic thing happening in a P-N junction when biased:

**broken link removed**

(it's above the middle of the page and you have to refresh the page to start it again)

And that's pretty much how a BJT or diode works.

There is not a bunch of little people running around inside a transistor.

audioguru said:
You mean they lied! It's not Maxwell's deamon[sic] making it happen?

Inside a transistor are many little donkeys that drive a generator.

Are the donkeys the minority carriers?

audioguru said:

yes there is! I saw them once. They lead very complicated lives and have delicate relationships with each other. If you make them mad, they escape through the packaging.

Papabravo said:
Are the donkeys the minority carriers?
That has the makings of a very-non-PC joke, but I can't come up with it. Probably a good thing. :D

Unfortunately the minority carriers are often the victims of depletion, resulting in the practice of doping, at least until they are cutoff. They are also the targets of bias. Even when they think they have a common base they are subjected to negative feedback. Just when they manage a bit of gain it all goes to the collector anyway. It is enough to make them runaway when they can't take the heat...

BRAVO! Truly you have a dizzying intellect. I've been working on Master/Slave networks for way too long.

Saturation is when Hfe goes low. Too much I-be. Their donkeys?, yes, too much from base, they need more to carry from collector to fit their job target, struggle to obtain a goal. Riot every where. Fight each other.
Need much time to break up fight.

If you need your BJT's switched off faster, don't make them in saturation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back