Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bizzare behaviour from bench PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a great bench PSU that's err, not so great...

THANDAR TS3021S 30v 2a bench PSU with current limit.
With the output switch off, the voltage and current controls act as expected, allowing full control. As soon as the output switch is enabled the voltage plummets to 400mV, as though there's a short ( voltage verified with DMM) and it goes into current limit mode as indicated by an indicator on the LCD panel. The voltage stays stable. The current kicks in at the set level (900mA) then falls towards zero, goes negative (weird i know) and keeps going increasingly negative until -1999 mA, then indicates -1 whic I believe is 'out of range' This fall takes maybe a minute, and can be instantly recreated by briefly switching off then back on again.
There is no load connected and the sense links are tightly connected.

Thanks

as though there's a short
That's what I'd be looking for, starting with the output switch itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back