Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bits and bobs and p&p...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaDa

I'm quite newly returned to electronics and have no ICs in stock.
I have plenty of basic components (resistors, capacitors, diodes, LEDs, switches etc)
What would be a good selection of ICs/transistors to stockpile in anticipation of future projects?

Depends what your making, or plan to make, i have 555, 556 timers, 4013s, various PICs, 741 opamps. that sort of thing, transistor wise loads of bc337 NPN, but thats just because i find thats all i ever use.

I open monday morning, lol.

To be honest i dont know why i have them, i cant remeber actually using one for anything but for some reason i have 10 in my drawer.

Whoa there - I'm not trying to start a war :)
Truth is, I was thinking of getting some 741s - they were the op-amp of choice when I was learning electronics - does this make me old? :)

Thanks Cobra1 - I'll bear those in mind (and maybe a few 5v regulators now I come to think of it)

Anyone care to suggest anything useful from the cmos 4000 and/or the ttl 74xxx ranges?

Don't let AudioGuru see you coveting those 40yr old 741's.

Even 74xx & 40xx are slowly fading away in favor of microcontrollers.

The 7805, 1N4148, 1N4001, 0.1uF I keep in stock, else I have a handy electronics shop nearby.

I am old.
I used a 741 opamp only once. Its performance was so poor that I never used one again.
I have used tens of thousands of TL071, TL072 and TL074 audio opamps instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back