Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bird chirp detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

upand_at_them

I was lying in bed the other morning listening to the birds chirping outside and I was wondering if I could build something to monitor the activity. They start around 4:30AM and trail off around sunrise.

I was thinking of a simple bandpass filter? Maybe feeding the output to a zero-crossing detector and then to a PIC?

Any thoughts?

Mike

Sounds like fun, i'd get a sample onto my pc, analyze it for anything that differs from whatever sounds are common at that time of the morning? Then maybe use a couple of filtered VOX to an AND gate to trigger my digital camera with a date stamp, that way i could see what time the noises started. Of course later i could trigger a strobe outside to scare them all off, damn flying rats :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back