Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sabcam

Hello everyone,
I have a little issue here. I know it's not really hard but it has been a moment since I've worked with circuits like this and transistors, so I can't figure out this circuit...
The question is: In DC analysis, calculate the bipolar transistor's voltages Vb, Ve, Vc. Deduce the bias point (Vce, Ic).
Please, please, help me. It's urgent.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190129-215051.png
    Screenshot_20190129-215051.png
    507.2 KB · Views: 255
OK, a few hints for you.

1 Assuming the transistor is silicon (not germanium), the base will be approximately 0.6v more positive than the emitter
2 Assuming the transistor has high gain, the base current will be very low and can be neglected.
3 Calculate the base voltage. Two resistors, voltage divider + Hint 2.
4 Calculate the emitter voltage (Hint 1).
5 Calculate the emitter current required to give the emitter voltage.
6 Now you know the collector current (Hint 2), you can calculate the collector voltage.

Does that help?

JimB

(Maybe this thread should be in the Homework Help section?)

Thank you JimB for your answer.
"Maybe this thread should be in the Homework Help section?" I didn't see that section but you're probably right.

Moved it!
JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back