Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bipolar Transistor Solar-Array Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

zul

i'm now trying to design a replacement device for a conventional solar cell array that we use nowaday. this device will use bipolar transistor as it main solar array components that could be much cheaper than using photocell. so, i'm asking somebody's favour in contributing an ideas or circuit diagram in designing this bipolar transistor solar.thank you. :D[/i][/code][/list][/b]

Solar cell or photocell??

People have made phototransistors before as sensors by cutting up a transistor case. This is the same construction as some types of photosensors, the incoming photons replace the base current. The arrangement doesn't generate power though, it only controls collector-emitter current which is provided externally.

A solar cell is already a PN diode junction, I don't see what you'd do with a transistor junction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back