Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bipolar stepper motor driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulshah

I want to drive a stepper motor in bipolar phase using l298. now the problem is that most of the bipolar motors i searched on net have four wires, but in my motor there are six wires. the remaining two are common wires. So where should i connect that two common wires???
I want to interface d motor wid 89c51.
Are protection diodes required if i m using l298???
the specification for my motor is linked below.
High Torque Stepper Motor with Wheel [RKI-1040] - Rs.600 : Robokits India, Easy to Use, Versatile Robotics Kits...

regards
rahul shah

Just use your 4 wires that switch to go to your 4 outputs and do use
protection diodes.

Last edited:

Attachments

• sepper.png
    sepper.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 2,098
Put your diodes on there like this

Attachments

• l298drv.png
    l298drv.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,248
I want to drive a stepper motor in bipolar phase using l298. now the problem is that most of the bipolar motors i searched on net have four wires, but in my motor there are six wires. the remaining two are common wires. So where should i connect that two common wires???
I want to interface d motor wid 89c51.
Are protection diodes required if i m using l298???
the specification for my motor is linked below.
High Torque Stepper Motor with Wheel [RKI-1040] - Rs.600 : Robokits India, Easy to Use, Versatile Robotics Kits...

regards
rahul shah
AAARRRRGGGGG ... What is it with the hobbyists' love affair with that dinosaur dropping?!? Use a FET based IC that has synchronous rectification built in!

That is a unipolar motor, the extra two wires are the center taps so you do not need to use a bridge. If you want the full torque you can still use it bipolar if you do not mind the complexity.

Dan

2-Phase

I need to construct a 2-phase stepper motor using a 74LS157, 2 d-types,
2 PBL3717A's and the motor.
I am very new to this, and am confused as to how.
Sorry if this question has already been answered, but any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back