Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bipolar Stepper Driver using L297 and MOSFET H-Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

joprinz

Hello Everyone,

I have been using the L297/L298 based stepper drivers for driving stepper motors for my hobby CNC Router. I was using 2A 155 Oz.In Portescap steppers earlier. But the feed as well as the Jog rate was very low. So I wanted to upgrade the steppers to a higher torque one. But most of the steppers i found are rated 5A and more. So I cannot be using the L297/L298 combination anymore. I did some reading and found a few people using the L297 to drive a MOSFET H-Bridge and thus providing Higher currents to the motor. However I am not able to find a schematic for the same.

I hope someone can provide me guidance for the same. Any Schematic/Circuit idea/suggestions/opinions regarding the same s highly appreciated.

Please Advice!

Thank You,

Joe!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back