Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bipolar 12v off 12v DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecool85

**broken link removed**

Would that give me +12 volt and -12 volt?  If not, can you show me how I could get that?

Well since you have +/-12V already the rest of the stuff is just decoupling and filtering, why wouldn't it

I suspect that "Negative on 12V" is the negative terminal of his 12V battery. So the source is +12V and 0V.

Since he doesn't say how much or how little current he needs from a -12V circuit, maybe an ICL7660 charge-pump IC will make enough.

Yeah, you got it, 12volt battery power. I need enough current to drive a couple TDA2030 chips. They produce 14w a piece.

And I was doing 12volts thinking it would be easier to keep it 12v since I'd be starting with 12v. But if its going to take more, then it'd be good to get +/-15 to 18v or so.

A TDA2030 amp chip produces only 10W into a 4 ohm speaker with a supply of positive and negative 12V. It produces 14W with a positive and negative 14V supply.

Why not use a TDA2005 bridged amp IC that is used for car radios? It produces 14W into a 4 ohm speaker with a 14V single supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back