Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

biped robot balance sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

robosys

Hello All,
I am developing a balancing biped which uses captured human movements.
**broken link removed**
I have got stuck using accelerometers and gyros. The accels appear to mix tilt, vibration and physical movement into one signal. The gyros drift in a short period of time. I tend to use a pic micro to capture data and stream to a PC via serial.
I know the robot will experience shock etc while walking so I need a sensor which purely senses tilt. Heres the maths question: I have been using a Sparkfun. Serial Accelerometer Tri-Axis v5 - Dongle
https://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=248
The 3 axis sense tilt (under gravity), but each of the axis tends to sense movements which are not assiciated with tilt. Is it possible to resolve out the high frequency noise and movement to leave only the tilt in each plane?

Or would it be possible to mix data from a gyro and accelerometer?

I need true tilt refreshed at a rate of at least 50Hz.

Many thanks In advance
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back