Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bike light switch (Help me figure this out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bock

Hey, I would appreciate any assistance someone can provide me. I not that familiar with this whole electrical wiring stuff. I am trying to wire my headlights on my bike a certain way.

So my headlights on my bike work as following: One headlight is always on. I built in LED rings and want my headlights to operate in the following way.
When the switch is turned on, I want the headlights to turn off and just the rings turn on. When the switch is off, I want the rings to turn off and the one headlight turn on. So in other words, I would hook this switch up to the the headlight wiring (the one that is always on), and I want the switch to be able to turn the headlight off and turn the LED rings on and vice versa.

SPDT center-off switch (I assume you want to be able to turn both lights off, right?). Center terminal goes to power (battery); one side goes to headlight, the other side to the LED rings. Simple.

(You can use a DPDT switch and just not use one set of contacts.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back