Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizard

Hi Guys,

Just would like to SHOW you this Dog and know your technical ideas about it:
**broken link removed**

I Did not find any technical info in the net.

P.s Do not forget to see the video, it is interesting.

Last edited:
Video is fairly old .. I'd say 3 years or so .... as for the tech info

BigDog has an on-board computer that controls locomotion, servos the legs and handles a wide variety of sensors. BigDog’s control system manages the dynamics of its behavior to keep it balanced, steer, navigate, and regulate energetics as conditions vary. Sensors for locomotion include joint position, joint force, ground contact, ground load, a laser gyroscope, and a stereo vision system. Other sensors focus on the internal state of BigDog, monitoring the hydraulic pressure, oil temperature, engine temperature, rpm, battery charge and others.

So far, BigDog has trotted at 3.3 mph, climbed a 35 degree slope and carried a 120 lb load.
BigDog is being developed by Boston Dynamics with help from Foster Miller, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and the Harvard University Concord Field Station. Development is funded by the DARPA Defense Sciences Office.

IIRC main power of the device is the petrol engine

Video is fairly old .. I'd say 3 years or so .... as for the tech info

IIRC main power of the device is the petrol engine

Oh, But I found it Today.

I was talking abut the balancing technical info and ideas...

BigDog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia about 4 years old there more in to simulation now
Boston Dynamics is an engineering company that specializes in robotics and human simulation. Our customers have applications that range from military robotics to simulation-based training to physics-based virtual prototyping.
But there still working on it **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back