Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bicycle beacon light and siren

Status
Not open for further replies.

emperror123

to all,

i am planning to build a mini beacon light at front and back (if there is a space) and also build a small siren in front of bicycle together with a switch to control both siren and beacon light.

1st what type of battery should i put for the control of beacon light (the lighter the better)
2nd i would wish it is water proof in case of rain
3rd do you all mind to share some idea of circuit

thank you

How does your 'beacon light' differ from an ordinary cycle light? There are many cheap cycle light sets available. Why build one?

as my planning is using cycling light which is blue and red in color combine with siren,

the purpose of build it is to do as cycle rescue unit during an big event, people unable to see us or do not want to let us pass by them when there is some unfortunate thing happen.

easier way we say that cycle ambulance

Easy method would be a flashing 555 circuit as pictured but connect a mosfet to power each LED cluster (connect say 5 or 6 hi bright LEDs in series (red and blue).
For the siren you could use maybe the output fo the flasher or use another 555 (two in a 556 package) Do a search for 555 siren circuits
If you need help assembling or ? just ask.
https://wild-bohemian.com/electronics/flasher.html

here is a better IMO of a flasher

use X # of LEDs in series in place of the light bulbs.

Attachments

• high power flasher.png
    high power flasher.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back