Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bi-stable switch circuit for on/off by single pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajbarath_eee

help needed for a Bi-stable switch circuit for on/off by single pulse. the output 'toggles' ON for a pulse then 'OFF' for
the next pulse and so on,,,,
need circuit for dis operation.for powering a circuit or led's.

help needed for a Bi-stable switch circuit for on/off by single pulse. the output 'toggles' ON for a pulse then 'OFF' for
need circuit for dis operation.for powering a circuit or led's.
hi,
This is a basic circuit.

Attachments

• AAesp08.gif
    AAesp08.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 5,786
  • 74F74.pdf
    161.6 KB · Views: 892
you should be able to do this with a LM555 and get 200ma output. Andy

here is wat i really need for my project
a electronic switch (semiconductor or flip flop) which output 'toggles' ON for a pulse then 'OFF' for

bcoz the pulse is the output of the rf reciever module 315mhz,
for turning power on/off for a led or a circuit.

and also i need to know whether the electronic switch which i need can b replaced by BJT FET or other
transistor or only can b done by a flip flops , 555timer ?

next i want to know ,abt wireless. is der any other way to put a wireless rather den a rf module for
my simple on/off signal to jus turn on and turn off my circuit?
if only rf module could b used, do i need any program for the decoder and encoder.

needed to know abt

1 electronic toggle on/off TRANSISTOR or FLIP FLOP switch for single pulse (name of the component) (pin details)

2 connection and circuit details of rf module 315mhz (transmitter/receiver) (pin details)

3 encoder(HT12E) and decoder (HT12D) program, needed r not ? if needed , program (pin details)

4 And my circuit is all around 3 volts totaly

5 And plz dont say to c data sheets for pin details , i need it practically by ur own words.

hi,
This is a basic circuit.
aaesp08-gif.47469

Just in case you want to use this circuit, I am pretty sure that Cd1 should be connected to ground, not +5V. A simple mistake in the labeling of the circuit.

Just in case you want to use this circuit, I am pretty sure that Cd1 should be connected to ground, not +5V. A simple mistake in the labeling of the circuit.

According to page 2 of the data sheet both SD1 (SET on LO) and CD1 (CLEAR on LO) are required to be high to toggle the output in that circuit.

Ken

When I use a simple push button switch, it bounces several times. This will make the FF toggle several times. Hopefully there will be an odd number of switch bounces.

So, the input pulse is an electromechanical switch. As you discovered, these do not always produce a single pulse when pressed. You need to add a "debounce" circuit. I assume that you want it toggled when you press the button, as opposed to when you release it. This is a positive-edge-triggered flip-flop. Swap the resistor and switch positions, and place a 0.1uF capacitor across the pushbutton switch.

Ken

Last edited:
hi DS8,

If its a 74LS74 then the S and R pins need to be high for the circuit to toggle.

Attachments

• AAesp03.gif
    AAesp03.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 493
According to page 2 of the data sheet both SD1 (SET on LO) and CD1 (CLEAR on LO) are required to be high to toggle the output in that circuit.

Ken

hi DS8,

If its a 74LS74 then the S and R pins need to be high for the circuit to toggle.

Okay, thank you guys for clearing that up. Sorry for the mistake :eek:

Grounding the "CLR" pin will keep this flip-flop output as logic "1", SW1 will be ineffective. For counting, you could connect a 4017 counter such that the odd outputs are connected to the "CLR" inputs of cascading D flip-flops wired as a shift register.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back