Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best way to become an Avionics Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronjohn

Hey guys,

I am currently attending electronics training at my local college. I am very interested in the avionics side of electronics. Would I be prepared, or at least ready to move into this field. Would any certifications help. What would you recommend ...

Thanks

Ron

The school by me offers an Avionics technician program. You didn't actually need to take electronics at all before that to enroll. It's not a college but is more of an applied tradeschool. Or the more hands-on, less theory version of a university.

Welcome to ETO, ronjohn.

Like many technical professions these days, especially involving electronics and related component sophistication, the finer points of electronics are of little use.

Electronics repair, irrespective of the genre, has been for some time a "board level" swap repair routine. There is no real need to know how a particular component group "works", rather its an understanding of that individual board's function (PS, amplfier, mixer, monitor interface, whatever) that matters.

So choose electronic courses that define "Block" functions in electronic devices.

Board (i.e., component) level repair is exceedingly rare, primarily because it is not cost effective.

Last edited:
Go to a place that hires Avionics Technician and ask the question.
It might get you an interview and some good information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back