Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best way generate sine wave reference signals for PWM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp_vibes

I am trying to generate three sine waves 120 degrees out of phase with the option of changing the volts to hz ratio in a linear way i.e. when the amplitude of the sine waves change, the frequency must also change once a volt/hz ratio has been set.

Whats the best way to generate the sine waves?

These sine waves can then be used to create a pwm pattern when compared with a triangle wave.

Sounds like a strange application. What are trying to build?
Are you going to use a microcontroler?

Variable Speed Drive to run AC motor.

Just wondered how the reference sine waves were normally generated to be compared with a triangular wave to generate the pwm pattern to fire the inverter gating.

Variable Speed Drive to run AC motor.
That makes sense.
Just wondered how the reference sine waves were normally generated to be compared with a triangular wave to generate the pwm pattern to fire the inverter gating.
The easiest method would be to use a motor control IC like the MC3PHAC from Freescale. I suspect that the MC3PHAC is just a preprogrammed microcontroler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back