Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best tiny on/off switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznog

I would like to make a flashlight with a rechargeable prismatic lithium cell and Luxeon emitter in the smallest possible package. I want to do plastic welding with Lexan for the case, I can shape it with as little bulk as possible.

One of the big questions is how to do an on/off switch. I wanna be as waterproof as possible. The ones I'm familiar with are larger than I'd like, enough to add 50% to the size just to give it enough room. I was even considering a magnet on the outside and a magnetic reed switch inside. Even then I don't know a really good, tiny way to do the magnet so I don't think so.

Any ideas? I'm probably already going to have to add circuitry inside to regulate the power to the LED, so there may be a number of things I can try. I'm even considering a microphone where I'd just rap the device to turn it on/off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back