Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best robot building kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i used to be part of FIRST robotics and i am looking into getting back into robotics. I am looking for a good robot kit that will be able to explain to me how to make it and teach me how to build circuits and program, but also good enough that i can use it as a jumping off point and make something original with other parts i buy.

I am thinking of something with a bread board, a integrated circut, sensors, motors, etc.

How is the lego mindstorm? Idk if you can use other non-lego components.....

Last edited:
I wouldn't use mindstorms to control the bot. you would be better to make up some motors and sensors that fit into the Lego and then get a picaxe or arduino board and use that to control it. That way it isn,t just plug and go.

go with the ARDUINO MEGA,,,,,,,,,,,,PLENTY!!!!!room for expantion and very user friendly. I've just started tinkering with one for a robotics project(my first) and its great.

don't bother with the leggo kit

Last edited:
Hi

You can find a cool tutorial **broken link removed** that will help you to build your first robot using lego and a microcontroller board. The tutorials on the site start from the very beginning.

Good luck!
Slorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back