Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

best places to buy parts online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklordchris

i'm considering starting to order certain parts online. specifically thing that i have to look for equivalents for such as diodes and transistors. where would you guys recommend?

We go over this every few months.

USA

In the US you can use FindChips.com Search to search for parts.

First level suppliers are DigiKey.com, Mouser.com, Newark.com, and Allied.com.

Surplus places include Allelectronics.com, AllTronics.com, **broken link removed** Jameco, JDR, and MPJA. EDIT: **broken link removed**.

The are several places that buy and resell parts. Arrow and area51 come to mind. Expect to see a $50 min order from these places. Can be a last resort for obsolete parts.

International

Futurlec is sort of in a class by itself (so far as I know), cheap and slow.

For Microchip parts you are order fromWelcome to microchipDIRECT. I so nor know if Atmel has a similar site.

Last edited:
We go over this every few months.

USA

In the US you can use FindChips.com Search to search for parts.

First level suppliers are DigiKey.com, Mouser.com, Newark.com, and Allied.com.

Surplus places include Allelectronics.com, AllTronics.com, **broken link removed** Jameco, JDR, and MPJA.

The are several places that buy and resell parts. Arrow and area51 come to mind. Expect to see a $50 min order from these places. Can be a last resort for obsolete parts.

International

Futurlec is sort of in a class by itself (so far as I know), cheap and slow.

For Microchip parts you are order fromWelcome to microchipDIRECT. I so nor know if Atmel has a similar site.

it is good to be on a forum with experts
thanks

Ebay can be good too. Shipping will usually be slow because the cheapest places are usually straight out of Hong Kong.

I like Mouser because of their data base. If you have specs you can search for parts that match. Most also provide datasheets. They also send me a catalog like a phone book that drives my wife nuts.

dipmicro on ebay has served me well for generic parts with fast service and cheap cheap shipping. Selection is limited of course but worth looking at. Surelectronics on Ebay is interesting; helpful and quick to replace a defective product but the ds18 based thermometer I ordered did not work, nor did it's replacement. The diode based thermomter worked fine. Some ebay retailers are very diligent to keep their reputation but low prices always come at a cost somewhere..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back