Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

best place to buy through hole PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfarmerdave

I need some through hole printed circuit boards for a few projects that I'm working on. I've tested them on the bread board and now need to solder everything down to a PCB. What is the cheapest online source for PCBs?

How are you planning on laying out the PCB?

If you don't have any layout software, the easiest way probably is to use a source that provides both free software and builds the boards, such as PCB123.

Gotta hunch he's looking for something like protoboard, perfboard, or stripboard, which I as looking for a good deal on about a week ago, and couldn't believe the prices. Managed to dig up a very old piece of perfboard, the really tough kind you need to score with a saw to break straight. Need it for an IR illuminator board, didn't want to drill a hundred+ holes...

barebonespcb is pretty cheap, no solder mask/silkscreen though. If you can wait a few weeks, there are plenty of places that are SUPER cheap. Olimex had good prices, I can't think of many others right now. I think I got 8 boards about 1" x 2" with soldermask and silkscreen for about $20. If you want to do your own board layout, expressPCB (or is it PCBexpress? one of the two, though both are legitimate companies) has a usable board layout editor (lacks many features though)

Last edited:
I should have clarified a bit better what exactly I'm looking for. As one poster stated, I'm looking for protoboard, perfboard, or stripboard. I want something that has copper preferably on both sides with pre drilled holes. It would be nice if the board was designed with the idea of soldering IC's on there and having a few holes connected to each IC pin. From what I've seen online, the boards I'm describing look very pricey!

Radio Shack has them for a couple of bucks, but the site in the previous post looks quite reasonably priced.

Last edited:
Futurlec is a special place.
I bought most of their parts kits, resistor, cap kits, transistor, diode, IC, IC sockets, breadboard. Price was about 31 Euros + very low shipping charge. Arrived in 7 days. I will order from them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back