Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best OpAmp as buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickagian

hi!

In an instrument I design, I want to sense the battery voltage using one of the analogue input channels of the internal ADC of my MCU. Due to limited VREF of the ADC, after the battery I have put a simple voltage divider. I am thinking of using an opamp as buffer between the voltage divider and the ADC. How could I choose the best opamp for this job, based on what criteria? Is there any particular characteristic of the opamp that plays important role for a buffer?

For example, I have chosen the LPV511, just because it receives single supply at 3V and its current consumption is very low. Is this opamp ok? Should I look for something different?

Thanks a lot!

I am working on a similar problem. In my case, the Vref in my MCU is 5V, and I would like to sense battery voltage between 13V and 16.2V. If I used a simple resistive divider, I would not have much resolution with respect to the input range of the AD, so I came up with this:

You could modify it for your voltages. The opamp must be rail to rail out.

Attachments

• BatV.png
    BatV.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 159
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back