Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best computer software

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizzemoto

What is the best electronic computer design software, For layout and planning circuit boards and housing units for same, Also where can i get elctronic fonts for Microsoft word to help me put in the right circuit abreveations and symbols

gizzemoto said:
Microsoft word to help me put in the right circuit abreveations and symbols
I think you select insert symbol from the edit menu?

I don't use Word at home so I can't check for you at the moment.

You could also use Character Map I suppose but it's hardly an ideal solution.

Try copying these symbols: Ωµ

Proteus 6 Professional in my opinion

Hands Down. Just watch the price tag!

Why? It supports;

- Anologue Circuits
- Digital Circuits
- Every debugging tool you can think of practically, from the basics like AC/DC Amp/Volt meters, to cro's, hyper terminals, SPI/I2C debuggers, counters, logic analysers, pattern/signal generators
- Automatic Component Layuout for PCB Design
- Automatic Routing of traces for upto 4 layer PCB's

Take a look at this circuit I threw together in 5 minutes;
**broken link removed**

As a newbie, I have played around with a few PCB layout programs. The thing that stops me in my tracks are the parts libraries. The parts numbers are gobbledegook to me - even simple things like resistors - I don't have a clue how to relate them to the physical part sizes.

How do you experienced guys know?

Proteus 6 Professional in my opinion

Hands Down. Just watch the price tag!

Why? It supports;

- Anologue Circuits
- Digital Circuits
- Every debugging tool you can think of practically, from the basics like AC/DC Amp/Volt meters, to cro's, hyper terminals, SPI/I2C debuggers, counters, logic analysers, pattern/signal generators
- Automatic Component Layuout for PCB Design
- Automatic Routing of traces for upto 4 layer PCB's

Take a look at this circuit I threw together in 5 minutes;
It is looking great.
i like it.
u have professional version????? or demo???

Andre1 said:
As a newbie, I have played around with a few PCB layout programs. The thing that stops me in my tracks are the parts libraries. The parts numbers are gobbledegook to me - even simple things like resistors - I don't have a clue how to relate them to the physical part sizes.

How do you experienced guys know?

No surprise - they are gobbledegook. The first thing that happens when starting a new layout program is that you'll need to sink a good chunk of time into figuring out how the part numbering schemes work, and whether they're consistent/flexible enough to suit your needs. If you're lucky, somewhere there is some documentation on the naming method.

Unfortunately the most sane choice for someone who needs to do a lot of PCBs is to rename/number all the footprints that you need and to create your own library of things. (This is definitely the case for a lot of older packages, but if the included library is good enough then, by all means, use it).

Incidentally, through-hole resistors tend to be tricky since there are so many variables - the physical size of the resistor, size of the holes, axial/upright mounting, etc... In comparison, a standard SMT resistor is one of a handful of sizes - pretty much cut and dry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back