Best approach in tutoring an OP's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the late entrance.... I've been away!

For what it's worth!! I followed that same thread from start to finish!!! Helping people is what we do... Sometimes it goes pear shaped and sometimes it goes very well..
The particular thread was excellent, The OP was obviously very happy with the positive comments and all the help he received!!!

In answer to the original post... Yes! That approached worked in this instance, and was well executed! I wish some others could be taught in a similar fashion, but time has taught us otherwise...

I liked your comments Eric....@testmpc! Your techniques are equally as valid...

Good thread Eric!!

There is not one answer to the question "What is the best tutoring approach..."

Question: How does this single stage amplifier work?
Answer: We would draw a circuit schematic diagram. We would talk about biasing the transistor, supply bypass capacitors, coupling capacitors, frequency response, etc.

Question: How does a superheterodyne radio receiver work?
Answer: We would draw a block diagram. We would describe the purpose of each stage, RF amplifier, Mixer, Local Oscillator, IF amplifier, Detector, Audio amplifier.
Initially we would not talk about transistor biasing, coupling/de-coupling caps etc.
We would go into the detailed operation of each stage once the purpose and required properties of each stage was understood.

Whether you use a "top down" or "bottom up" approach depends on the situation and requirements of the learner.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…