Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

benefit of PIC 18f452 over other PIC - any info of 18f452

Status
Not open for further replies.

myFYP

guys, i need some information of the benefit of PIC18f452 over 16 series. any kind of related info will do..

pls share some useful links to get this info. tyvm

i am looking for extra feature owned by 18f452, if there are any website show related info will do.

Last edited:
Compared to what? Please narrow your subject to have a reasonable reply.

It is more powerful than the 16C57.

Google for the acronym "RTFM" and start from there.

Last edited:
I started with the 18F family time ago and there is no comeback to the 16F.

Simplified banking scheme.

Specific registers to address reading from / writing to ports. Do not ignore their use!

An area in RAM where registers may be addressed anytime directly.

Indexing registers: you have more. Good to transfer blocks of data quite quickly.

W can be also treated like any SFR, taking advantage of the MOVFF instruction.

THere are the instructions to read / write tables. Very useful.

I use Assembler so I appreciate a lot the differences.

My suggestion: RTFM going straight to the instruction set. If you know the 16F you can have a good idea of the differences.

Buena suerte.

I started with the 18F family time ago and there is no comeback to the 16F.

Simplified banking scheme.

Specific registers to address reading from / writing to ports. Do not ignore their use!

An area in RAM where registers may be addressed anytime directly.

Indexing registers: you have more. Good to transfer blocks of data quite quickly.

W can be also treated like any SFR, taking advantage of the MOVFF instruction.

THere are the instructions to read / write tables. Very useful.

I use Assembler so I appreciate a lot the differences.

My suggestion: RTFM going straight to the instruction set. If you know the 16F you can have a good idea of the differences.

Buena suerte.

1st, tx for sharing. btw, can brief me about the disadvantages of pic16 family as well. ty

i have to give some explanation and reasons on choosing 18f452 in my project.

I am not playing the wise guy here, but the reason is: it has not all the above.

I am not going to do this job for you. But I insist: RTFMs and compare the instruction sets.

I am not playing the wise guy here, but the reason is: it has not all the above.

I am not going to do this job for you. But I insist: RTFMs and compare the instruction sets.

i can understand, i am over i admit.
well do you know any related link about this cz all info i found in google is just datasheet of both pic which is too technical for me to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back