Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Behavioral voltage source problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

alec_t

Most Helpful Member
I wanted to use a behavioural voltage source to simulate a zero-crossing detector, but have run up against a problem: it appears to give up the ghost (in both LTspiceIV and LTspiceXVII) when the dV/dt of the waveform exceeds a quite modest value. Is there a parameter in Control Panel which can be tweaked to get round this?
ZeroCrossFail.PNG

Attachments

• ZeroCrossFail.asc
    862 bytes · Views: 229
hi alec,
I added 1u step to .tran
Eric
0.1u also works.

Attachments

• A01 Dec. 20 18.27.gif
    A01 Dec. 20 18.27.gif
    32.8 KB · Views: 230
  • ZeroCrossFail.asc
    870 bytes · Views: 220
Thanks Eric!

I wanted to use a behavioural voltage source to simulate a zero-crossing detector, but have run up against a problem: it appears to give up the ghost (in both LTspiceIV and LTspiceXVII) when the dV/dt of the waveform exceeds a quite modest value. Is there a parameter in Control Panel which can be tweaked to get round this?
View attachment 103195

works without modification on my system

hi etech,
For ref only, I get the same as alec on my system.
LTSpice IV with Default Settings in Options,, Win XP Pro, 4Gb PC.

E

Attachments

• A01.gif
    A01.gif
    48.2 KB · Views: 229
Interesting. Perhaps the response to the maximum step size setting is processor speed dependent? Wish I was more spice-literate to know what the various settings do :) .

hi etech,
For ref only, I get the same as alec on my system.
LTSpice IV with Default Settings in Options,, Win XP Pro, 4Gb PC.

E

Hmmm...Out of curiosity, I reset all my setting to default (they already were set to default), and reran the simulation.
Still ran ok without modification.

PC- CPU Q6600, SSD, 3Ghz, Win10, LTspiceIV

Also tried this on PC - 4.5Ghz, SSD, Win10, LTspiceXVII. Same result...no errors

Last edited:
hi,
Tried 'alecs' asc file in my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop, Windows 10, LTS IV, same problem.?
E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back