Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

beginner: troubleshooting a non-working circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not realize you were using a wallwort, the 17v may be a result of no load, maybe under load the voltage will be more in line with the spec. So once you have the device up and running, then check Vin :)
Sounds like your almost there.

Now, about that CTL pin1. If it's supposed to accept a voltage higher than 2V, why does the schematic show it connected to ground? Taking Vin and GND at the same time? I'm confused.

Yes, I was confused too, because I was looking at a different data sheet. The diagram you use, the same one in my attachment below, shows pin one being used as a control, with the switch providing either voltage to turn the regulator on, or ground to turn it off. See, the little symbol has a bit shorter line, signifying voltage, the same as it is on pin two. A cap in their diagram has both lines equal length. So, apparently you have no problem. Just turn the thing on.

Attachments

• Baacow.JPG
    Baacow.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 117
Connected Vin to pin1=CTL. Vout shows 11.82V, a working circuit. Yippee!

End of thread. Thank you everyone, for your help.

I would think there should be some voltage on pin 1 to turn on the device.

Yes, I would say you hit the nail on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back