Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beginner Electronic Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannon701

I am 16 and am just now starting to make electronics. My current projects is an AM Transmitter and a Phone Jack power grabber. So far the am transmitter just needs a crystal oscillator and the jack needs a bridge rectfier and 2 resistors. Before I get into big electronics I want to get a good supply of objects. I was just wandering what all I should buy first.

How many capacitors what size?
Resistors?
etc...

Multiple posts. Phone Jack power grabber(PJPG) you mentioned here and Phone Jack power taker(PJPT) in another thread.

I suggest you to try an AM transmitter working on battery ie, 9v pp3 as powering it up from phoneline doesn't make any sense. Google 'AM transmitter circuits' and come with a circuit and parts there we start...

It is illegal to "steal" power from a telephone line and nobody should try it.
A telephone line that is not in use should not draw any power.
A fairly low amount of power drawn from a telephone line causes it to go off-hook. If the line remains off-hook for a certain duration without dialing then the line is disconnected at the central office to prevent a shorted line from causing too much power draw.

If you bothered to read the whole post instead of assuming things then you would know im asking something other then that here. Fool

Hehe nice start to your posting on this forum.
Calling one of the most respected people on this forum a fool wont get you very far.

So far the am transmitter just needs a crystal oscillator and the jack needs a bridge rectfier and 2 resistors.
Schematic?

Cannonboy, see you haven't given enough details about your project. No schematic you attached and asking for what are the components to buy?? Without details we can only do assumptions and corrupted/broken information. Got it? You're not matured enough to post in this forum.

Are you an idiot. I am 16 and understand the concept of what I am asking. I ain't asking for parts for my projects. I'm just asking what a good starting parts would be. You know what clearly this forum is not made up of any one with an iq over 20 so I will find a forum where people can read an understand stuff.

Great, go be someone elses problem. You are lucky your not my kid, I'd slap the taste out of your smart punk a&& mouth. I guess I am getting too old for stupid smart mouthed punk kids. Good luck elsewhere skippy.
Bob

Are you an idiot. I am 16 and understand the concept of what I am asking. I ain't asking for parts for my projects. I'm just asking what a good starting parts would be. You know what clearly this forum is not made up of any one with an iq over 20 so I will find a forum where people can read an understand stuff.

The fact that you are 16 and insist that you understand what you are talking about does not necessarily mean that you are mature enough to post on this forum. And insulting ANYONE on this forum, especially AG, is WAY OUT OF LINE. You'll be lucky if you get anywhere on any other forums with this kind of attitude.

The rude little kid who is trying to make illegal projects should be banned.

I agree. I think this kid should learn proper forum etiquette--or etiquette in general--before he's allowed anywhere NEAR a computer.

Before I get into big electronics I want to get a good supply of objects. I was just wandering what all I should buy first.

How many capacitors what size?
Resistors what length?
etc...
Dear little kid,

Bold part refers to an example of total immaturity and still want to play with current,mains etc.

You need probably another 5yrs to learn how to behave properly in public and to elder people. You need to come out and flash your wings from the bum of your mom before posting anything in this forum.

:D

hey kid...mind your words you should not supposed to behave like nuts here.....you don't know the value of AG and others here.. they all are well known experts...And i request moderator to del "cannon701" user...

OH wow you people think your are mature and you are the ones crying and talking crap. Hahahaha incompetent fools. Expert or not I beleive in all man-kind to be equal. You should respect all people the same. I worship jesus, not AG and experts of temporary matters.

Hi cannon701,

We are about the same age level, and I'm glad to hear you have an interest in electronics!

If I remember correctly, when I first came to this forum, I didn't acknowledge a few of the rules and demanded quick answers. As you can well imagine, this resulted in a bad reputation. Well then, I started thinking about all the members on these forums and realized my actions were not good at all. The members are all very dedicated to facilitating the interest of electronics; people who help others kindly and ask for nothing in return. I was honestly very grateful to know that there are people such as these, and I decided that I would strive my best to help others in the same way and be thankful for the help I've received so far.

One thing I would like to note here is that electronics, just like anything, can be used for the morally wrong type of applications and morally right type of applications. I think you should ask yourself whether projects you would like to make is the right thing to do or not. Everyone encounters this now and again, especially if you are just beginning in electronics, in which you want to construct a clever device. Well the truth of the matter is that you can, but that's not the right way to do it. I would recommend that you focus on more productive projects, and since you seem to have an actual interest in electronics, build ones that will increase your knowledge and contribute to others.

A second thing I would like to note is that respect for every member on this forum should be advocated, and many deserve more than that for everything they've done. It would be nice if you could recognize the fact that many members here have had more experience, and are more knowledgeable in electronics than you. I've noticed that listening and evoking respect helps you a lot more than not providing any respect!

I'm still doing my best, day by day, to acquire more knowledge in the field of electronics. The knowledge that all the members have kindly bestowed to me I will use for the good of everyone, not just myself.

All I'm asking is for you to think about this. If you acknowledge everything I've said and what others have advised, I think you will be a beneficial member to our forum. With that being said, I wish you the best in your endeavor to obtain more knowledge and experience of electronics! ;)

I have no idea what that means, perhaps lost in translation. Funny though.

Lost something there..agree..but it's all about born birds. Banana talk :D

You can see the direct translation of local talk to English here. Very funny if you know both languages.

**broken link removed**

For eg. let us consider this one:

Snake on fence on shoulder no put.
(Veliyil kidanna paambine eduthu tholil idaruthu)

-means do not interfere on unnecessary matters.

Own baby, for crow, golden baby.
(Kaakkakku Than Kunju Ponkunju)

-means even for crow too, own baby is much favorite :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back