Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beginner: Counter Design Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
The R/C delay isnt on the manual switch side.?
Its down 'stream' of the R/C and RESET.

Do you follow, if not please ask.

Thanks Eric,for explaining it in abc.I understood all of it except for the down' stream' part which i guess is due to say more operations being performed on the Manual Switch side as compared to the Differentiator side?hence we get the Reset pulse before the switch pulse.

Yes. It is used for decoding when a single line can be mapped into any combination of segment(s) ON. Therefore it is possible to make a 7-segment displays nearly most of he ASCII characters easily. Or have a random display that goes from "1" to "5" to "2" to "8"....etc. Note only the display changes and there is nothing related to the actual inputs which usually is sequential.

You can get some info here where an 8-gang dip switch is decoded into 1~8 on a 7-segment display. Only one switch is ON at a time.

Diode Matrix ROM intro (7-segment display)

Thanks to you to LC,I am working on the link you provided.

Last edited:
Thanks Eric,for explaining it in abc.

hi,
An important point to note, if you ever use that Res/Cap delay circuit, use a schmitt input ic,,, like a 4093.
With a standard ic like the 4011 the indeterminate switching point as the cap charges can cause oscillation of the output of that gate.
These oscillations could be seen by the following circuits as multiple clock signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back