Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beginer question regarding very simple circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahweh

I'm taking some old surround speakers and building a face plate for them and mounting them in the wall. Essentially I want to include a very simple color organ consisting of one or two LEDs that react to the intensity of the sound and get their power from the signal alone. This is for my brother who has very bad hearing but I want him to be able to enjoy his videogames at low volumes so he doesn't bother his new neighbors.
I'd like it if perhaps I could take a white LED for the highs and a blue one for the lows and mount the light behind the mesh in front of the speaker and then not have to adjust them for high and low volumes.
I'm a pretty good DIYer and I have a fairly well equipped shop but this will be my first solo electronics project and I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a rundown of what I should do. I'm prepared for this to be much more complicated then it seems and I'm prepared for compromise. Also I will take pictures as I go and submit them for the viewing pleasure of the community when I am finished.

Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back