Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beautiful Northern Lights right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analog

Electrical disturbances on the Sun have provided fantastic viewing in the northern hemisphere. If you can, get out and take a look!

I live in Rochester, Ny. We're a bit south, and in the city as well, so not gonna see anything round here. Anyone wanna take some pics if they catch a glance?

here is a pic..

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 269
Looks like a digital pic Analog :)

But I do thank you; here in the Netherlands we don't see skies like this.
Thanks for sharing this electrical, beautiful fenomenon!

PhilYvo

PS. In this case: Everything is a miracle...

one of my life abitions is to see this with my own eyes

I looked now but saw nothing but Christmas lights making the clear sky glow.
I have seen beautiful moving and bright displays of Aurora Borealis a few times during my life. Best when away from the lights of civilization.

Styx said:
one of my life abitions is to see this with my own eyes

it is better in still-life or video with a sensitive imager ... unless you're very lucky to see a very powerful storm, the colors and details show up better to the unblinking eye of a machine than they do to man.

I think it's less the colour depth and more the sheer grand scale of seeing shimmering lights that span the entire horrizon.

I have seen the northern lights make many bright colours. Over the entire northern part of the sky.

Those of you living above 40N are fortunate to see such sights. I would love to experience this display.

AllVol

Yeah, i saw them the other night too. Man, they were REALLY bright. There was quite a bit of cloud cover, though. But through some of the breaks, it was awesome! Nice pic!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back