Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Be at your post.... Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caligula

I need to make sure that certain employees are at their post during the night shift. I have devised a gadget to make sure of this but because I am electronically challenged, I need some help in designing it.

It works like this;

1>.. Key switch activates gadget
2>.. once activated, a count down timer is set at 15 minutes.
3>.. When the timer reaches zero, a LED (A) flashes and activates a second count down timer set at 5 minutes.
4>.. If a reset button (a) is pressed within the 5 minute countdown, return to 2>.. above. If not, proceed to 5>..
5>.. Relay is activated which energises an alarm siren and a second LED (B) lights up.
6>.. Siren will continue to sound until reset button (a) is pressed, once pressed, return to 2>.. above
7>.. LED (B) can only be reset by de-activating the gadget with the key switch.

Please if anybody can help with the design, i would be much obliged :(

It would be fairly easy to implement with a few i.cs but easier, perhaps, with a PIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back