Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BC 548C = BC 550C ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charon102

Hello

I like to build a simple circuit for testing crystals. You can find the schematic here: **broken link removed**

I didn`t find all parts in my small stock, so I hope you can give me some suggestions for alternative parts. I`ve a lot transistors but no BC 550C. I looked in the datasheet and find out that 548C has nearly the same parameters.
Would the schematic work if I build it with BC 548C?

I also don`t have 4.7n / 100p capacitors. Can I also replace them with other capacitors who have parapmeters in similar range?

Greetings KarimF. (Electonic newbie)

Yes, there are little diffirences in max. voltages but you only use 5V anyway, so I think it should work.

Almost any NPN transistor will work as long as the Ft is higher than the crystal frequency. Also, note that overtone crystals will oscillate at the fundamental frequency in this circuit, not the design frequency. The cap values are not critical, but don't stray too far from those given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back