Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battlebot weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

magee

im thinking between 2 weapon eaither 2 giant spinning carbide tipped metal cutting saw that are angle to be besides my armor on both sides the saw will have motors so they will be spinning and then the saws with motors attached to an outer shell which will be spinning so it will have massive speed and torque

or the second weapon the one i am thinking i want 4 bars all attached connected at the top of the bots outer shell with a motor below at the bottom of the 4 bars is spiked bludgeons

The two most 'successful' robots are probably from the UK Robot Wars?, the first was Cassius (with a flipper) and the second Hypnodisc with a spinning kinetic weapon.

You really need to consider the amount of power required, and the strength of the chassis and weapon assemblies. Hypnodisc is often demonstrated destroying fridges etc.

If I remember rightly hypnodisc was good at first but then everyone started building reinforced cases and chassis then it became less of a threat.

Hero999 said:
If I remember rightly hypnodisc was good at first but then everyone started building reinforced cases and chassis then it became less of a threat.

It often made a mess of the reinforced cases, and even if it didn't, the actual shock of the blow often broke things inside the robots.

yah im going to do a spinner no saw blades but spike bludgeons but i need lots of help nigel u seem to know what ure doing so how can i get my spinning weapon tons of torque with alot of rpm i want to buy a i think its either 12 or 24 v brushless weapon motor that has 65,000 yes not stuttering but i dont think it has much torque im thinking i could turn that rpm into torque and i think if its 12v ill hook up a 24 v battery to it and im using 2 boshch gpa 750 for my drivetrain

im going to do much more than deystroy fridges i just need to know how can i torque up a 12v brushless weapon motor that goes 65000 rpm or if i want i can overclock is with 24 v and 130,000 rpm how do i torque that up man that would turn some serios rpm into some serios torque

not a flywheel thats 2 common 4 bludgeons with spikes its like if i where to come swinging a spiked bat huge spikes and smack u with it which would hurt more a blade clean cut or a spike a. smashing at high speed with kenetic energy and b. with spikes so that it pierces it does internal and external...

my grammer was bad when i said a spiked bat huge spikes i meant a huge bat with spikes i was just kinda zoned out

You need to consider a number of things, here are a few:

1) How long it takes to get to speed - BIG motor required. Hypnodisk was modified later with more power for faster spinup.

2) Perfect balance of the rotor - or it will shake the robot to pieces.

3) Strength of the rotor, it musn't lose balance after a strike (seee above).

4) Strength of the entire mechanism - it must be able to withstand the massive shock loadings.

5) Some kind of safety drive mechanism (a clutch or something), so that when it hits an object, and stops dead, it doesn't destroy itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back