Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickkh

I want a circuit that tells me when my voltage is between 10 and 14 volts. I want to light an LED and a Buzzer.
A window detector and timers etc would be the go.
Anyone designed such a circuit?

google for power suppy supervisory ICs
you get plenty. Perhaps you may use 2Nos of TL431.
we can arrange one circuit when the volatge is just above 10V and it will continue,

another will indicate when it just goes above14V

TL431 can do that job. try to download the datasheet and study.

Why would you need a timer?

A comparator is all that's needed, Google window comparator.

I have some experience with measuring values precisely and inputting the values to a subsequent yes/no, go/no-go, on/off section of the control. When the difference between the measured value and the limit is high there is often no issue. As the measured value approaches the limits - in your case 10 or 14 volts - there may be a period of time where the inputs are close enough that the output of the comparison toggles back and forth - due to noise or other subtle variations. I have no practical experience with a circuit like this but could see a need for a timer - so that if the comparision/comparator toggles it has to sit there at that state for a time. A comparator with hysteresis might accompish the same thing differently - hysterisis spreads out the point at which things will toggle, in a manner of speaking.

Have a look at the simple window comparator here :-
**broken link removed**
You can drive an LED directly with the LM358 dual opamp

I think perhaps it is not really the best choice of product for the application but if it is all about the 555 then you could make each 'block' from a single 555. So you could have two as the trigger/cpmparators, one as the timer and one as the sound driver.

I think I will build the three circuits I mentioned above today. Will let you know how they work. I'll be adding piezo's in series with the LED's...

A piezo is high impedance and the LED will not operate correctly with one in series, unless you mean a piezo sounder ?

Put the piezo in parallel with the LEDs not in series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back