Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Saving Circuit Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghopson427

I need a simple circuit that puts a battery in stand-by mode until it receives IR light, after which it will activate an output for about 2-5 seconds and then return to stand-by mode. This link is exactly what I need, EXCEPT that I cannont figure out how to hook up a 3 prong IR detector to it. I try to put the IR detector in where the switch is in the diagram, and it keeps the LED light constantly instead of for 2 to 5 seconds. I can substitute my 3 prong IR detetor for A 2 prong IR photoresitstor detector and it works well, BUT dosent have a range I need of at least 15 ft or more. Any help would be great, either modifying the above circuit or a new one. THANKS :D

ghopson427@yahoo.com

link to the circuit I am currently using
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back