Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Protection + Overcurrent limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

noname06

I need help in combining my battery protection circuit with overcurrent limit circuit. My over current is done by using 2 bjt. I do not know how should i combine both circuit together to make my battery protection circuit having overcurrent limit when it is short circuited. Any idea?

Can you post the circuits so people know what you have?

Ron

both of my mosfet should be connected in series however i dun really know how to connect therefore i seperate it

What do you want the battery protection circuit to do?

My battery protection has the following specification...I need to add my overcurrent circuit into my battery protection circuit. Where should i add it?

1. Overcharge detection voltage : 8.4V
2. Overcharge released voltage : 7.6V
3. Over discharge detection voltage : 5.0V
4. Over discharge release voltage : 6.0V
5. Over current limit : Any value less than 1A

I'm thinking I should have asked a few more questions.:eek:
In the protection circuit you show a 12 volt battery, but the specs for the circuit seem like you have some other battery.
The circuit just heats up rd1 and rd2. Did you want to light a light or something with your outputs?
Once we have that sorted out I think we could use a standard comparator to do the job.

On the over current:
Is this also to set the charge voltage?
Am I correct in assuming that the battery goes between the bottom of R10 and ground?
The maximum charge voltage would be somewhere around 4.4 volts using the 5.1 volt zener. Is that the voltage you want. I ask because that doesn't fit with the battery protection circuit.

What kind of battery are you charging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back