Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery powered circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Hi,

I have a project using a Atmega128 and GSM module and it's going to be battery powered the battery / capacitor combination can handle the 2A pulse but I have a couple of questions.

1) Does a battery powered circuit need any conditioning
2) Is it normal / advisable with a battery powered project to use a buck regulator to maintain the voltage (bearing in mind it could pulse to 2A)

Thx

Scarr said:
Hi,

I have a project using a Atmega128 and GSM module and it's going to be battery powered the battery / capacitor combination can handle the 2A pulse but I have a couple of questions.

1) Does a battery powered circuit need any conditioning
2) Is it normal / advisable with a battery powered project to use a buck regulator to maintain the voltage (bearing in mind it could pulse to 2A)

Thx

Alot will depend on how fast the 2A pulse relly is. Probably the most obvious concern is the voltage rail that supplies the pulse. The concerns is that it will droop sufficiently to cause other circuits to malfunction. As for the buck converter, the pulse is treated as a transient load step. i.e. load regulation comes into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back