Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery powered application

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElecKathy

I am designing my first battery powered device. I am planning to use a Li-ion battery cell pack (10.8V, 4800maH eg. https://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2211 ). I want to design a built-in charger for the product, so that I can simply plug in an AC/DC adapter to charge the batteries. My question is, when the adapter is plugged in, should the portable device run on the external power supply or the recharging batteries? (For example, when using a cell phone that is being recharged, is it running on the batteries or the external power supply?) Would I use FETs to do that? A block diagram would help.......
Oh also, do you know of any suitable battery charger ICs ?
Thanks!!! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back