Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Operated Solenoid Valve (water) with 3Volt only

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifeelhappy

Hi, currently i was doing one project with low power consumption sensing system for the sanitary equipment. But one part is let me headache, the solenoid valve with 3 Volts battery operated is hard to find.

The market mostly having the 4.5 and 6 Volt, but seldom find the 3 Volt.

Hey guys, you all having any idea. Apperciated your help. Thank

You could buy a 6V coil and rewind it for 3V.

Just use half as many turns of thicker wire, an easy way to do this would be to unwind it, fold the wire in half, rewind it bifilar and connect both windings in parallel.

Hi,

Some years ago ... I was building the taps that go with the detectors ( Hospital and collectivity furniture ... )

Those devices were powered with 2 x 3v batteries in series. a simple transistor was used to have a steady supply.

now, I do not see any problem driving the circuit with 3 v and the coil with 6v ... as 3v coil will draw more power than the 6v one for the same work ...

remember the less current a batt furnishes ( @ constant power, of course !!! ) , the longer it will last ...

Alain

Last edited:
now, I do not see any problem driving the circuit with 3 v and the coil with 6v ... as 3v coil will draw more power than the 6v one for the same work ...
Sorry but I do, the problem is powering a 6V coil with only 3V won't work, even if it does it won't work when the voltage drops much below 3V.

A 3V coil should work all the way down to below 2V. You'll be lucky to get a 6V coil to work at 3V, let alone anything lower.

Yes I did read what you wrote, several times.

Maybe I've misinterpreted it?

Sorry, I'm not meaning to be difficult, I think it was poorly worded: please could you reword it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back