Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

'battery operated cigarette lighters and gaslighters'

Status
Not open for further replies.
battery cigarette lighter

Parker used to make a battery powered lighter that used only one button battery. It worked great too. I think that they quit making it because the circuitry held power even after the battery was removed. Enough current for one more spark, so during refilling,you could technically blow yourself up.But it was silent, and a single touch to a sensitive switch produced a flame. No sound like piezo click, silent. It was the second coolest lighter that I ever had.

I had thinked about making a lighter operated by a single AA cell. But I didn't attempt to build it. Mine idea was that we may use a circuit like a camera flasher to get more power from a battery instantly, to heat up a tungsten, but it may cause space problem so I think it is not adequate but I couldn't found a more clever way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back