Battery Monitor Circuit- Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainyday101

Hi, New here, been out of the electronics field for a bit and need some help with a circuit. I need to build a battery monitoring circuit that will monitor two AA cells and light a LED when the voltage for these cells is low. I guess that trip point to be around 2.1 to 2.4 Vdc. I have searched the internet and found voltage monitoring IC's etc. by Panasonic and ON Semiconductor, but none are readily available. These also have 3000 part min. qty. orders. I did manage to get some samples from ON Semi for a NCP301LSN22T1G voltage detector. They are microscopic and I will never be able to solder any thing to them! Can I use a comparator circuit? LM393? Any help would be appreciated!

hi,
The ICL8211 ic a battery monitor.

datasheet at: www.datasheetarchive.com

Last edited:
Thanks, I looked up the IC and like it, but it is microscopic in size! That is about the size of the ones I have from ON Semi. With it that small I wouldn't circuit board mount it and would need to solder wires to the legs. I don't have anything to solder that small and maybe the ability to do so. In my time away from this field I can't believe how small things have gotten! Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

I need to build a battery monitoring circuit that will monitor two AA cells and light a LED when the voltage for these cells is low. I guess that trip point to be around 2.1 to 2.4 Vdc.
Can I use a comparator circuit?

Yes, use a comparator with hysteresis and a bandgap voltage reference. Piece 'o cake!

hi,
Its also an 8pin DIL plug in package as well a SMT..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…