Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikky

Hi all,

I am working on a project where i need to monitor the voltage of the rechargeale Li-ion battery. For getting differnt astaus of the battery i am using BQ2060 from ti.

Just wondering if any body has worked with it already? and if yes kindly help we how to get started with this one.

Thanks and regards
Vikas

hi vikky
I dont do this with li-ion but for fast charger for nimh and nicd I need that you can use micro and use A\D part of that to switch the analoge voltage that you sampel from liion battery in different time to digital and you can monitor that with lcd

Initially i thought to do the charging in the same process. But for some reason, i was asked to work with the BQ2060 fo r the future developement.

That's why asked has anybody has idea how to work with it??

Regards
Vikas

Monitoring battery voltage is insufficient to determine the state of charge of e Li -on battery. That's why you need to use the BQ2060.

Have you looked at the data sheet to determine how to use it?

I read the datasheet, and each time i got confused from where to start.

Finaly developed a program using the 89C2051 controller that will first pass on the Manufacturing Access to update the RM, calibrate the VFC and then stop VFC calibration.

After this i would configure the device, setting all the threshold values which are requied. Then i would just read the battery status by giving different command and based on the value received perform the other operation.

First, I would like to know that, Is my above flow of the code is correct?

Also the datsheet tells to store the different value of the threshold at particular address in EEPROM. But how to pass on the External EEPROM address to the bq2060 for reading the value?? here i have connected ST29C04 having address 0xa0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back