Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Desulfator

Status
Not open for further replies.

OffTheGrid

I need a circuit for a sweep-frequency lead-acid battery desulfator. I have an 800AH x 24VDC battery bank in a series-parallel configuration using 6V deep-cycle batteries. It would preferably be powered by the battery bank and run continuously.
Thanks in advance for your help 8)

Hiya off da grid,
Here's a link to a site that has developed a desulfator circuit and is well worth bookmarking. **broken link removed**

When I get some time I'll build one similar to the one described on the link and try to bring a 4wd battery back to life so I have a spare for my genset.

Cheers Bryan1 :D

Hiya off da grid,
Here's a link to a site that has developed a desulfator circuit and is well worth bookmarking. **broken link removed**

When I get some time I'll build one similar to the one described on the link and try to bring a 4wd battery back to life so I have a spare for my genset.

Cheers Bryan1 :D

Desulfator

Thanks Bryan1,
That link was great. With a trip to Radio Shack and a couple of hours I should be able to get a desulfator going 8)

The swept-frequency pulser has been cussed and
discussed before.

You can find a bit about battery restoration at
one of my sites (and some higher power versions):
**broken link removed**

For making a sweep generator with a 555, look at:
**broken link removed**

There is a forum dedicated to desulfation:
**broken link removed**

<als>

I built the low power version as described in the link that Bryan1 posted.

It does work, albeit slowly. Anybody expecting overnight miracles from such a device will be disappointed.

I could watch the white stuff slowly disappearing by peering through the filler holes on my old Trojan SC225 battery. The battery was connected to a low amperage, constant voltage, charger for the duration of the 'treatment'.

5 of the 6 cells retuned good hydrometer readings after the desulphator had been 'at it' for a week or two. The 6th cell always read a bit low, I guess its had it, 6 years is a fairly good life span for these batteries :wink:

A word of caution, do NOT accidentally connect the desulphator in reverse polartiy, it dies instantly :evil:, don't ask how I know this :cry:

Klaus

555 design

there is few available design in 555 ic email me at info (dot) urjaghar (dot) com or see website desulfator page www (dot) urjaghar (dot) com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back