Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Charging Circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2camjohn

I have a battery I need to make a charge circuit for.

It says on it 6V 100ma. It is 5 1.2V cells which take a fast charge and a trickle charge.

Can somebody give me a simple trickle charge circuit for it?

and links to good sites about charging batteries?

Also, my circuit is usually powered my the battery in question. How do I protect my circuit from the higher voltage used to charge the battery?

Cheers

Here's a simple circuit: **broken link removed**
You didn't mention type of battery or circuit so we're flying blind..If your circuit has an on board voltage regulator the charging voltage shouldn't be an issue...

Here's a simple circuit: **broken link removed**
You didn't mention type of battery or circuit so we're flying blind..If your circuit has an on board voltage regulator the charging voltage shouldn't be an issue...

Heh heh. Someone's gunning for that record post count! Anyway, Ralph Tenny from DPRG has a good NiCad-charging device at: **broken link removed**. There is also a miniaturized 50mA version in the App Notes section of National's LM317L Data sheet.

Here's a good tutorial on NiMh batteries, and charging characteristics, for a "behind the scenes" approach to NiMh charging. Good stuff.

**broken link removed**

Also, here's an article on battery chargers which should help to explain some theory behind battery charging:

**broken link removed**

I hope this helps.

A super automatic switch mode ten stage charger that makes your dinner and does the dishes afterwards would be nice, but im restricted for space

Heheheheh :D Sorry for the overload.

If you find a schematic for one of these chagers, let me know, I'd really like to make one... :wink:

2camjohn said:
Now if anyone can point me in the direction of simple battery trickle charging circuits I would be most grateful.

Just a single resistor off a higher voltage supply, calculate the resistor value using ohms law - that's all you require for a trickle charger, and is what you will find in most commercial chargers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back